Re: [ft-devel] Question/clarification

From: Paul Beard
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Question/clarification
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 13:20:46 -0700

On Jun 15, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> For
> example, on my GNU/Linux box I get
>
>> freetype-config --cflags
>  -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include
>
> Alternatively, the program might use pkg-config to do the same:
>
>> pkg-config freetype2 --cflags
>  -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include
>
> Note that the former method uses a script `freetype-config' installed
> by FreeType; the latter uses a file `freetype2.pc' (also installed by
> FreeType), to be found e.g. in `/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/'

That matches what I see here:
freetype-config --cflags
-I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include

I assume the build process (a python setup.py routine) doesn't take that into
account.

And thanks for helping me discover that my pkg-config is out-of-date, so much
so, it doesn't run on this hardware (it shows as a PPC file, so it predates the
PPC-Intel migration for OS X). Maybe that will resolve this.
--
Paul Beard

Are you trying to win an argument or solve a problem?