Re: [ft-devel] Problems compiling freetype into dll

From: Jörg Günnewig
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Problems compiling freetype into dll
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 13:09:52 +0200

Hello.

Sorry, I had a busy week, otherwise I'd have replied earlier.

>>Please open a standard Windows
>>terminal (*not* msys), set up a proper path to the mingw tools (gcc,
>>GNU make, etc.), and execute make

This is the mingw part of my path variable:
C:\mingw\mingw\bin;C:\mingw\mingw\MSYS\1.0\local\bin;C:\mingw\mingw\MSYS\1.0\bin;

Fresh clean freetype is put into
C:\ft2501\freetype-2.5.0.1

Opening cmd, going to that dir, running
'make' results in

C:\ft2501\freetype-2.5.0.1>make
make: ver: Command not found
make: type: Command not found
make: *** [dos_setup] Error 127

That doesn't look good.

>>Maybe you can use ProcMon

Starting over from a clean freetype in msys/home/ft2501

I ran procmon, opened the msys prompt and did
./configure --without-png

Libtool didn't complain about write permissions this time (Which is strange since I didn't change anything else...)

Anyway, I did a 'make' after that and now I've got a libfreetype-6.dll in ft2501\freetype-2.5.0.1\objs\.libs

I'll go and try out whether I can use that. I'll report back on how that works out.

With regards,

Jörg