Re: [ft-devel] WOFF support

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] WOFF support
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 18:06:10 +0200 (CEST)

> One more iteration, fixing a possible crash with .pcf.gz fonts.

I've now added WOFF support to the git repository.  Note, however,
that your patch hasn't worked at all for me; it took me some hours to
make it run.  Has the patch *really* ever worked for you?  In
particular, your patch assumed that the offsets of SFNT tables are
ordered, which is not the case normally.  It also crashed if the
compressed font was an OTF instead of a TTF.

For testing, I've used the WOFF test suite available from

  http://dev.w3.org/webfonts/WOFF/tests/Format/Tests/xhtml1/testcaseindex.xht

and it seems that it works just fine.

BTW, it should work now with the internal zlib version of FreeType,
too.

Please test and check.