Re: [ft-devel] [ft] Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek fonts questions

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [ft] Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek fonts questions
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:20:35 -0400

Werner,

I would resist any excessively special treatment for Cyrillic. Whoever
makes the glyphs that should be shared with Latin look different is
misguided. Please do not go overboard with this. There are some rather
common unique cyrillic fonts. Check out the PSCyr collection

http://www.tex.uniyar.ac.ru/package/fonts/pscyr/0.4d-beta9/

Speaking of squareness of Cyrillic or lack thereoff, look at this:

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/5046/inkscape2t.jpg

Best,
Alexei