Re: [ft-devel] FreeType GETINFO[]

From: jeremie
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType GETINFO[]
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 12:34:15 +0100

Hi Werner,

thanks for these explanations.

Le 2014-11-06 06:41, Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
I am wondering what FreeType returns for the instruction GETINFO[32]
(asks whether GrayScale is ON/OFF) ?

It works as described in the OpenType specification: If you use
FT_RENDER_MODE_MONO, grayscale is not set.  Otherwise it is set.

Ah. interesting...

Same question with GETINFO[0] (rasterizer version)? What does
FreeType return?

This one is documented in `The TrueType Driver', since you can change
the interpreter version at run-time between version 35 and 38.

  http://freetype.org/freetype2/docs/reference/ft2-tt_driver.html

I am accessing FreeType through the freetype.py binding (http://freetype-py.readthedocs.org/en/latest/introduction.html), and the GETINFO[1] seems to always return 35, even when LCD subpixel rendering is activated:
FT_LOAD_DEFAULT | FT_LOAD_TARGET_LCD

It seems FT_Property_Set is not accessible with the python binding...
Is there something I am missing?

thanks,
Jeremie