Re: [ft-devel] FTLicense Clarifications

From: Jonathan Reyes
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FTLicense Clarifications
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 16:22:06 +0900

Hi Mr. Lemberg,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Sorry I didn't explicitly mentioned that header files are also included, but
yes, libraries and headers will be distributed.

> Including `FTL.txt' doesn't make sense for such cases – they are delivering
> *final* products that are not intended for being re-used.
> I think it is fully sufficient if your customers include a disclaimer, as
> described in `FTL.txt', so that they acknowledge the FreeType project.

Thank you very much for clearing up the requirements for end-user. Including a
disclaimer will suffice.

> Of course, it doesn't hurt to include the license file, in case they already
> doing so for other components (cf. the `credits'
> sections in smartphones).

I also acknowledge the statement above and understand that, whenever possible,
they could include the license file but it is not required for the final
products of our customers.

I'd appreciate it if you could re-affirm my comprehension. Thank you very much
again.

Best regards,

Jonathan