Re: [ft-devel] t1info struct is empty for Postscript font

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] t1info struct is empty for Postscript font
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 06:48:50 +0100 (CET)

> While debugging a mkfontscale crash I found that t1info is not
> correctly populated for some postscript fonts.  Attached is the test
> case and a postscript font usually found in ghostscript.
>
> [~/ft]> ./ft hrgrr.pfa
> Family (face): Hershey-Gothic-German
> Family (t1info): (null)
>
> So apparently face->family_name is correct but t1info.family_name is
> null.

Well, this font doesn't have a /FamilyName entry!  So why should
FreeType lie to you?  It does synthesize a family name for the
top-level structure, but if you explicitly retrieve data from the PS
font dictionary, I think it's best if you get correct values.

I've slightly improved the documentation of `FT_Get_PS_Font_Info' to
mention this.