Re: [ft-devel] Apple offset scaling

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Apple offset scaling
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 16:32:10 -0400

On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 6:03 AM, Christian Demmer <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Aug 2015 09:50:21 +0200 (CEST), Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>> I will also send you what I have.
>
> I just searched my old stuff and I found Apple's QuickDraw GX v1.1.3
> from 1995 containing a folder with Testing Fonts:

Thank you both! If you read "Changes from TrueType 1.0" at
https://developer.apple.com/fonts/TrueType-Reference-Manual/RM06/Chap6AATIntro.html,
it sounds like Apple all but abandoned offset scaling with TrueType GX
in 1994. So my investigation is mostly historic. Perhaps I need to
extract original truetype fonts from Mac OS:

http://www.dreamsupport.us/downloads/archives/Abandonware---Operating---Systems/Macintosh/index.htm

It is crazy that I found this.