[ft-devel] SetLcdFilter docs

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: [ft-devel] SetLcdFilter docs
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 22:43:13 -0500

Hi folks,

I am not sure if the following passage from the FT_Library_SetLcdFilter description is correct. I do not see any actual bitmap padding being added in the code. I am confused.

Please help,
Alexei

"If this feature is activated, the dimensions of LCD glyph bitmaps are either larger or taller than the dimensions of the corresponding outline with regards to the pixel grid. For example, for FT_RENDER_MODE_LCD, the filter adds up to 3 pixels to the left, and up to 3 pixels to the right.

The bitmap offset values are adjusted correctly, so clients shouldn't need to modify their layout and glyph positioning code when enabling the filter."

See here:
http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/reference/ft2-lcd_filtering.html#FT_Library_SetLcdFilter