Re: [ft-devel] Removing the unpatented hinter code

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Removing the unpatented hinter code
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 18:47:47 +0100 (CET)

>> Uh, oh, not there yet, sorry.  Will still take some time, so please
>> don't hesitate to send another ping in the not too distant future
>> just to be sure :-)
>
> You asked for it ;)

Hehe, yes :-)

While looking at your patch I've found some issues.

(1) The patch doesn't cleanly apply to master.

(2) The macro FT_UNPATENTED_HINTING_H must stay defined for backwards
    compatibility, expanding to nothing.

(3) Similarly, you must not remove FT_PARAM_TAG_UNPATENTED_HINTING.

(4) Functions declared with `FT_EXPORT' must stay also, doing nothing
    (or probably returning an error if this makes sense).

(4) Don't change any other configuration options like
    FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_RENDERING in the patch.

Please fix that and resend the patch.