Re: [ft-devel] Suggest not modifying ftoption.h in source

From: Stuart Mentzer
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Suggest not modifying ftoption.h in source
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 17:20:27 -0400

On 6/6/2016 12:10 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
Currently [...]
Please always say what version you mean with `currently'.
Sorry. Yes, 2.6.3 is the version I'm now using but my suggestion was based on
observations with an earlier version. I didn't realize this behavior had been
improved.
[...] the freetype CMake build process modifies the ftoption.h
header in the source tree to uncomment defines for options like PNG
support.
It doesn't; about a year ago I fixed this, and the change is part of
FreeType since version 2.6.1.
Ah, OK, great. So the inclusion design now will always read the generated
headers in the build tree so freetype doesn't modify the source headers and
builds don't need to either. I take it that these modified build headers are
never needed by code that uses freetype.
Maybe there is a bug, so please report whether you have problems with
the latest release, version 2.6.3.
My tests with 2.6.3 seem to confirm that it doesn't modify the source tree
anymore.
     Werner
Thanks,
Stuart