Re: [ft-devel] updated patch for 2.6.4 Re: proposed patch for diagnostic

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] updated patch for 2.6.4 Re: proposed patch for diagnostics
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 09:37:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 6/7/16, Graham Asher <address@hidden> wrote:

>     Please
 consider calling it
       ftdiagnostics.h, which is more explanatory. To my
       native-English-speaking mind, 'diag' looks as
 if it stands for
       'diagonal' or 'diagram'.

On the subject of additional header for enum types of errors, an earlier
iteration of the patch I did, have it as an additional header
("tt_msvalidate_errors.h" was one choice I had, of naming it). I threw away and
deleted it after I choose to pass string instead... but I noticed that files in
freetype are still of 8.3 convention.

Do people still care about restricting to the convention of 8.3 file names?

Hin-Tak