[ft-devel] The new v40 interpreter (Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 138,

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: [ft-devel] The new v40 interpreter (Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 138, Issue 24)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 01:59:07 +0000 (UTC)

> Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 17:38:47 +0200
> From: Nikolaus Waxweiler <address@hidden>

> # The new TrueType interpreter

> FreeType 2.7.0 will ship the new v40 TrueType instructions
 interpreter
 version enabled by default. ...

BTW, it is hooked up to the cleartype mode of Font Validator 2.0 -
https://github.com/HinTak/Font-Validator/blob/master/Compat/Compat.cs#L126

I shipped a rather heavily patched FreeType 2.6.4, mostly a few patches
back-ported from 2.6.5/2.6.6...

I wondered whether I should hook up v38 instead, or in addition. Speed is
definitely not a concern for a tool that uses private version of FreeType to
analyze fonts - it will just take whatever reasonable time it takes to
accomplish the task...