Re: [ft-devel] FreeType unable to open some fonts which can be opened by

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType unable to open some fonts which can be opened by some font viewers
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 08:57:57 +0100 (CET)

> I have been using FreeType for managing data of a large number of
> fonts, but found that it failed to open some of the font files which
> could be opened WITHOUT ISSUE by built-in font viewers of some
> operating systems.  I don't know if it's caused by lower fault
> tolerance of FreeType.

This is indeed something to investigate, however...

> The attached files are some of those "problematic" font files and an
> excel files which lists error code returned by FT_Open_Face and the
> test results from font viewers.

this file has a whopping size of 143MByte (and downloading doesn't
work for me here in Austria due to time-outs)!  Additionally, I don't
like to handle excel files, so please

  (a) convert the large tar file into separate files so that I have
      one tar file per font family, and

  (b) convert the excel file into plain text.

Note that you shouldn't post proprietary fonts to a public mailing
list, so we have

  (c) provide links to the bundles only privately to me in case the
      fonts are not free.