[ft-devel] Warnings with -Wcast-qual, -Wcast-align and -Wunused-paramete

From: Hedges Alexander
Subject: [ft-devel] Warnings with -Wcast-qual, -Wcast-align and -Wunused-parameter enabled
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 13:44:48 +0000

Hi,

I’m currently trying to write a BSD makefile for FreeType in order to compile it
into the kernel.
With the warnings -Wcast-qual, -Wcast-align enabled the compiler (clang as well
as GCC) prints out a slew of warnings especially of the former type. Also I get
a few -Wunused-parameter warnings. On gcc I remember additionally getting some
warnings about shadowing global symbols, but I might be mistaken.

Now, reading that FreeType tries hard to eliminate compiler warnings, I wondered
if I am doing something wrong.

Right now I’m tempted to turn off the default -Werror for the build process or
disable said warnings, but it is probably better not to if I can avoid it.

Especially the unused parameter warnings should be easily fixable. If the
problem is really with the library, I would be glad to help.

Regards,
Alexander