Re: [ft-devel] format -1, platform 7 cmap for woff?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] format -1, platform 7 cmap for woff?
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 22:44:22 +0200 (CEST)

>> The last one is artificial, mainly intended for Adobe charsets.
>> Please send me the font for further investigation.
>
> The urls are:
>
> http://www.stylebistro.com/images/MarkOT/MarkOT.woff
> http://www.stylebistro.com/images/MarkOT/MarkOT-Bold.woff

Thanks.  Indeed, everything's fine.  We have

  encoding_id = TT_ADOBE_ID_STANDARD
  encoding    = FT_ENCODING_ADOBE_STANDARD
  platform_id = TT_PLATFORM_ADOBE

This last cmap doesn't come from the `cmap' table; it is rather what
the CFF font (wrapped with an SFNT structure, wrapped within the WOFF)
natively contains.

It's just ftdump that doesn't report the last cmap in an optimal way.