Re: [ft-devel] Three GSoC students for FreeType Re: Freetype-devel Diges

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Three GSoC students for FreeType Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 148, Issue 11
Date: Sat, 6 May 2017 20:22:29 +0000 (UTC)

Welcome.

I'd just like to point out a couple of resources for the rendering testing
framework.

The ghostscript/ghostpdl source distribution has a little program called bmpcmp
under toolbin/bmpcmp.c . It is used by the ghostscript people for comparing
small bitmap differences
and have various configuration parameters to ignore 1-pixel differences,etc.
for their regression testing.
(that includes fonts embedded or not embedded in ps/pdf files, so it sorts of
been testing changes in freetype too)

I have just had a whole bunch of example *-cairo.py programs merged into
https://github.com/rougier/freetype-py/tree/master/examples
I wrote most of the freetype-py matplot-based drawing examples to draw with
cairo instead.
You could using python to grab freetype bitmap that way.

This is the sort of things one can do:
https://github.com/rougier/freetype-py/issues/58#issuecomment-298802012

yes, same as ftgrid/ftview; and I used ftgrid for reference.