Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Moving CFF stuff into psaux module

From: Ewald Hew
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Moving CFF stuff into psaux module
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 15:57:45 +0800

> I've now looked at the code.  Sorry for the delay.
>
> Everything looks very good, thanks!  Some comments.

Thanks!

> . If you are going to clean up, please replace the `cf2' file name
>   prefix with something more generic.

I think s/cf2/ps for the file names should be fine?

> . Recently, integer overflow run-time checking was activated (again)
>   for the fuzzer, causing a lot of minor code changes while applying
>   fixes.  I'm not going to do large structural changes to the CFF
>   stuff (this would be mean :-), so you might decide to apply those
>   changes later on while doing the clean-up.

I have rebased onto latest and did a force push (this branch is meant
to be disposable). I hope that is fine.
Either way, I have gotten freetype building again, and from a cursory
inspection using the freetype demos, everything seems to work fine. I
can't tell if I may have introduced any subtle bugs, how can I make
use of the testing suite to rigorously confirm this?

The main changes from last time are:
(1) Added a new service in `cff', FT_Service_CFFLoad, providing
functions from `cff/cffload' to `psaux'
(2) Moved all the CFF struct definitions from cffobjs.h and cfftypes.h
to freetype/internal, so that the cff functions in psaux can access
them as well.

(1) is as advised previously, whereas (2) was necessary to make the
project build again. I do wonder if it may have been too extreme to
move all the definitions over, but I could not come up with a better
solution.

I will do a cleaned commit with proper changelogs once I can confirm
that functionality is as it is before all my changes. Would you prefer
that I squash everything into a single commit, since it does not
compile on intermediate commits, or to separate changes in some
logical manner, e.g. grouped by the specific component I was pulling
out from `cff' ?

Ewald