Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Updates and quick question

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Updates and quick question
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 02:43:55 +0200 (CEST)

[Please *always* report such issues to the mailing list!  I consider
 it an important part of GSoC that the community stays informed,
 possibly discussing the issue.]

> Just a heads up that I've pushed the commits for my changes so far
> into branch ewaldhew-cleaned on Savannah.

Thanks!  Will check later.

> Also, while looking through the code for charstring processing I
> started to become confused. Currently, cf2_interpT2CharString makes
> calls to the cff_builder_.. functions, but I'm not sure how it
> should work with the Type 1 fonts, as those have their own builder
> functions too.
>
> So the question is, for Type 1 fonts, do I need to make FreeType get
> the data after charstring processing from the cff builder, or is it
> easier to give two modes to the cf2_builder_.. functions?

This I don't know.  Ideally, everything should be unified that can be
unified.  The basic question is how much similarities in the code are
present, and how much unification makes actually sense.

My original, vague idea was to prepare Type 1 data (not thinking about
what `prepare' exactly means) so that it can be accepted by the CFF
interpreter, which in turn gets slightly extended where necessary to
handle Type 1 data.