Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Extending the CF2 interpreter

From: Dave Arnold
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Extending the CF2 interpreter
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:04:24 -0700

Hi Ewald,

I agree with your conclusion about number formats. Except for the 32000 (not
32768) issue, Type 1 and CFF should be the same.

I'm sorry that I don't know enough about Type 1 fonts to answer your other questions. I
had never heard of the "postscript stack" before you asked, and I don't have
any test fonts for it. It appears that Type 1 interpreters outside of an actual
PostScript environment can make simplifying assumptions.

-Dave