Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] [Doubt] Difference in Glyph Dimensions

From: Arvinder Bhathal
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] [Doubt] Difference in Glyph Dimensions
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 18:08:30 -0400

> Is it a bad Idea to do this (adding rows / columns )?
I was wondering the same when I came across these similar but
different-sized glyphs. I think if glyph A is the same as A' except A'
has a column of empty pixels inserted to the left of the actual glyph,
A and A' will be visually different if rendered, for example, as part
of a sentence. So I think we should keep the glyphs intact for the
comparison metric and image difference picture. However, I agree for
the sprites, maybe we can add the padding after making the diff
images.

Also, you mentioned this in a different email but the initial load of
the view indeed hangs for a few seconds with only one font and gets
worse with different modes and more fonts. I've been trying to get the
page to load entries on demand and will be posting results shortly.