Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] CID font support, and others

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] CID font support, and others
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 13:37:21 -0400

Ewald,

Here
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freetype/freetype2.git/tree/src/psaux/pshints.c?h=ewaldhew-wip#n1251
FT_DivFix is followed by 2 FT_MulFix's. It could be faster to do
combine them into two FT_MulDiv's.

Here
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freetype/freetype2.git/tree/src/psaux/pshints.c?h=ewaldhew-wip#n1583
The fixed number is the first argument. This is contrary to FT_MulFix
recommendation to place larger bit-value second.

This is just two things I noticed quickly. If you have time, you might
find some speed gains this way. I did this a while back for the rest
of FreeType when the Adobe engine was just donated. I did not want to
mess with it then.

Alexei

--
Alexei A. Podtelezhnikov, PhD