Re: [ft-devel] TrueType kern table subtable format ignored?

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] TrueType kern table subtable format ignored?
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 09:46:55 -0700

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 5:53 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> To be exact, tt_face_get_kerning() "handles" Format 2 by ignoring
> it.  It's tt_face_load_kern() that does not check format at all.
>
>> Am I right in reading ttkern.c, that the subtable format is ignored
>> and always assumes to be Format 0?  Sounds wrong to me.

Well, yes, but: Give me a format 2 kerning table, and I'm going to add
support for it immediately.

I'm working on it!

  In other words, the current FreeType code doesn't do any harm, AFAICS.

This block is wrong, as in, it should not run if format is not zero:

      /*
       *  Now check whether the pairs in this table are ordered.
       *  We then can use binary search.
       */