Re: [ft-devel] Fwd: buiding ttfautohint with cmake?

From: Cosimo Lupo
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Fwd: buiding ttfautohint with cmake?
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 18:05:30 +0000

I see...
(FWIW, I'm not using that TA_Info_Func myself yet in my python wrapper that's why I haven't encountered this problem yet)

If you think that function is essential for the ttfautohint API, then maybe you need to add those func pointers to allocation routines

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 5:59 PM Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Well, yes, but what about the callbacks?  For example,
>> `TA_Info_Post_Func' expects that the user modifies entries allocated
>> with `malloc'.  For such cases I guess we actually *need* function
>> pointers to allocation rountines, right?
>
> no, as long as TTF_autohint_done frees them.  unless the user is
> also expected to re-allocate them

There are high chances that the user has to re-allocate them –
usually, information gets added to the info strings, making them
longer...

Cosimo Lupo