Re: [ft-devel] build ttfautohint without freetype-config script

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] build ttfautohint without freetype-config script
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 20:22:53 +0100 (CET)

> autoconf is not my cup of tea, but I've tried anyway.  See the patch
> attached below.

Thanks!  However, this is not exactly what I had in mind – and sorry
for not telling you earlier: If `freetype-config' isn't found, the
configure script should call the `PKG_CHECK_MODULES' macro (as with
harfbuzz), trying to find `freetype2.pc'.  This should be much less
code.  As a side effect, this macro also provides the
`FREETYPE2_CFLAGS' and `FREETYPE2_LIBS' environment variables.

Please try again, if you find some time :-)