Re: [ft-devel] Weird behaviour in FT_Glyph_StrokeBorder

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Weird behaviour in FT_Glyph_StrokeBorder
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 15:29:49 -0500

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 12:21 PM, Foaly <address@hidden> wrote:
> This is Foaly and I am contributor to the SFML library. We want to change
> our implementation of outlines from using FT_Glyph_Stroke to
> FT_Glyph_StrokeBorder, which according to the documentation allows to get an
> outline only outside the glyph.

FT_Glyph_StrokeBorder is not tested regularly, so there could be bugs.
The inside border is trickier than than the outside one: there is
limited space inside to perform the operation gracefully. You might be
seeing this effect, which is very hard to fix. Most of your pictures
are beautiful though. Please explain your goals in more detail.