Re: [ft-devel] Contribution to freetype

From: Parth Wazurkar
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Contribution to freetype
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 19:37:21 +0530

Hi,
Now I am getting a rough idea of how things are connected in the working of Freetype.
I am thinking of some possible ways in providing multiple font support, first one can be to use the available converters for conversion of font formats, the second one can be to use the Freetype approach by modifying `FT_DRIVER_H` , `FT_OPEN_DRIVER` to support the tex font drivers as well, another can be the VFlib approach i.e to define a new font database file on the lines of vflibcap and then using the Kpathsea library for searching TEX fonts.
I ruled out the first one as we must convert many font files in advance and also we don't have converters available for all types of fonts. I am currently more inclined towards the VFlib approach.
I am still trying to figure out the approaches and I wonder if I am going in the right direction?
I am excited to work with Freetype, it's really fascinating how much work is required to render fonts.
Thank You

Regards
Parth

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 10:19 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't have any no ideas :-)

This should be: I don't have any new ideas.