Re: [ft-devel] CMake patches from Microsoft's vcpkg project

From: Azamat Hackimov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] CMake patches from Microsoft's vcpkg project
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 23:47:22 +0500

> Good to hear from someone who seems to know something about CMake :)
> Do you see any other room for improvement of CMakeLists.txt? My gut
> feeling tells me there is.

Of course, there is much to do:
1. pkg-config module file autogeneration and installation
2. Proper way to generate ftoption.h file (current generation... looks
little odd for me, those REGEXes gets me nervous)
3. In CMakeLists.txt some strange if() checks about CMAKE_VERSION
VERSION_LESS 2.8.12,
I'd drop them in favor new minimal version requirement.
4. Installation part should aware of 32/64bit installation environment
(${LIB_SUFFIX})
5. Make bzip2, zlib, libpng HarfBuzz dependencies requirements
configurable via OPTIONs
6. CTest support? Is there any regression tests framework on freetype?

> Yeah, about the library version... Werner, should we just track what
> autotools are doing on all platforms?

I'd say yes, since on Linux there lots of software relies on that
version naming of freetype.