Re: [ft-devel] CMake patches from Microsoft's vcpkg project

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] CMake patches from Microsoft's vcpkg project
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 00:32:40 +0000

So.. regarding a minimum version. I'm building FreeType for bundling with freetype-py and I'm using https://github.com/matthew-brett/multibuild to build it on Linux and macOS. For Linux, a CentOS 5.11 image is used to build stuff (https://github.com/pypa/manylinux), which comes with CMake 2.8.11.2.

Damn! Well, in the name of testing if the minimum version actually works, I suggest bumping the requirement to 2.8.11.2 because that will actually get testing via freetype-py. Not a great win for me though.

Now, if the features Azamat suggests need something newer, I'd take that as the minimum requirement and just use `pip install cmake ninja` to get something shiny. Still have to look at his suggestions...