Re: [ft-devel] Running ftview + ftgrid on Fedora

From: Armin Hasitzka
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Running ftview + ftgrid on Fedora
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 11:41:06 +0100

Thanks for the hint, haven't had the devel of libX11 installed yet. But the issue still exists (even after new clean builds). The problem might be connected to different paths of of the lib on 32/64 archs (found a comment about that). I will investigate further! :)

On 24/03/2018 11:23:48, Kushal K S V S <address@hidden> wrote:

https://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libX11-devel
Most probably this is missing. Install this.

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 3:48 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there any chance to compile + run these demo programs on Fedora?
> I can successfully compile the demo suite but when I try to run any
> of the programs I get a "could not allocate display surface" error.
> I am able to trace that back to the the /graph library but before
> going into any details there - is there even a chance to get these
> running on Linux/Gnome3?

Are you sure that you can execute any (native) X11 program at all?
Maybe you have to install some additional X11 libraries.