Re: [ft-devel] [bdf] Unused bitfields

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [bdf] Unused bitfields
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 10:23:31 +0200 (CEST)

> I was reviewing he BDF driver and found some set but unused
> bitfields.
>
> bdf_font_t->nmod: Set for glyphs with adjusted SWIDTH, never used
> bdf_fonr_t->umod: Ditto.
> bdf_font_t->modified: Set thughout bdflib.c, never used.
>
> Do I overlook something? Is it Ok to remove them?

Good catches!  Doing some investigation it seems that the `nmod' and
`umod' arrays were indeed never used, only the `have' array.  This
greatly reduces the size of the bdf driver.  I really wonder how I
could have missed this all the years...

And `modified' isn't used either, so please remove all this cruft!