Re: [ft-devel] Documentation guidelines file

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Documentation guidelines file
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 23:04:26 +0200 (CEST)

>> Ah, this is due to my formatting using Emacs, which has a default
>> line width of 72 chars.  For the sake of consistency the style
>> guide should rather mention to use 78 chars.  On the other hand, a
>> well-formatted document with a shorter line length doesn't hurt...
>
> Nooooooo :// Please, ... 78 is already ... sooo ... short ... ^^ ...

Seriously: We talk about formatted plain text documents with prose
(more or less) and thus to be viewed with a typewriter font.  Much
longer line lengths for such documents are a bad idea; it's no longer
convenient to read – the eye can easily lose the current line.

> We should instead rather start a fundraiser to collect money for a
> bigger screen for Werner :D

Here's an image of my Emacs window.  IMHO, this is very comfortable to
read.

    Werner

PNG image