Re: More axes for `ftmulti`

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: More axes for `ftmulti`
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2023 17:47:32 +0000 (UTC)

> Can I suggest a more intuitive scheme?
> A,a to control axis 1
> B,b to control axis 2
> C,c to control axis 3
> and so on.
>
> This is also easier to process. Or this
> 1,! to control axis 1
> 2,@ to control axis 2
> but this is only for US keyboard

OK, will go for the first scheme.  Honestly, whatever we choose, it is
bad.  I first thought about also using Shift-F1, Shift-F2, etc., but
this is non-trivial to implement, alas.

Another idea was

  F1, 1  axis  1
  F2, 2  axis  2
  F10, 0 axis 10
  A, a   axis 11
  F, f   axis 16

since it resembles hexadecimal notation and avoids any US-specific
keyboard assignments.  However, we would need to find new keys for
adjusting the glyph index, and these key assignments would be
different to other demo programs.  Sigh.