Re: Bug in rsvg+cairo hook with Nabla? (Re: another small patch for ft2-

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: Bug in rsvg+cairo hook with Nabla? (Re: another small patch for ft2-demos, and other stuff.
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 16:42:34 +0000 (UTC)

On Monday, 17 July 2023 at 05:46:37 BST, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> > [...] I seem to have found a problem with the rsvg/cairo-based hook
> > with the Google Nabla color font.
> >
> > [...] I found that rsvg+cairo hook renders it B/W [...].  Strangely
> > enough, with the skia-based hook, I see the expected color look.
> > [...] this seems to suggest that the SVG in this font is a bit weird
> > and/or rsvg+cairo can't handle it.

> Does this happen with the latest 'librsvg' version (current is
> 2.56.90)?  If so, please report it to the maintainers so that they can
>.fix it.  The used set of SVG commands in OpenType is very limited, and
> if 'librsvg' can't handle that correctly, it is a serious bug – and
> please post a link to the report if you do so :-)

I have 2.56.2 which is close enough to latest. Will give 2.56.90 a try when I finish the COLRv1 hook. The font uses semi-transparent and non-linear(?) gradients and SVG things that matches the COLRv1 functionality so probably pushes some corners, but librsvg supposedly supports SVG 2... 2.56.2 is close enough to current, so the question is whether they fixed it between 2.56.2 and 2.56.90 :-).