Re: rastering non-anti-aliased glyphs using FT_Render_Glyph()

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: rastering non-anti-aliased glyphs using FT_Render_Glyph()
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 10:38:58 +0100

> > Thank you all for being so helpful so far. We really appreciate it.
> > One quick question: is there a way to rasterize a glyph without
> > anti-aliasing it?
>
> Load the glyph with FT_LOAD_NO_HINTING.

I think Werner is a bit mixed-up :-)

If you're using FT_LOAD_RENDER to load glyph pixmaps directly, use
the flag FT_LOAD_MONOCHROME as in:

  error = FT_Load_Glyph( face, glyph_index, FT_LOAD_RENDER | FT_LOAD_MONOCHROME
);

if you load the outline with FT_LOAD_DEFAULT, then render it with
FT_Render_Glyph, you should use the flags "ft_render_mode_mono" as in:

  error = FT_Render_Glyph( face->glyph, ft_render_mode_mono );

Hope this helps,

- David