Re: [Freetype]PS/Glyph names

From: Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen
Subject: Re: [Freetype]PS/Glyph names
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 09:12:01 +0100 (MET)

From:   SMTP%"address@hidden"  8-NOV-2000 17:34:24.92
To:     "Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen" <address@hidden>
CC:
Subj:   Re: [Freetype]PS/Glyph names

Hi Jacob,

> Hi all,
>
> This is what I get with yesterday's snapshot version of FreeType2:
>  it is compiled with FT_CONFIG_OPTION_POSTSCRIPT_NAMES defined.
>
>  I load some glyphes create bitmaps and get the names with
>   FT_Get_Glyph_Name( face , glyph_no , charn , 16);
>
> when I list the glyph indexes and the names I get i.e. this
>
> Glyph 36  name quotedbl
> Glyph 37  name numbersign
> Glyph 38  name dollar
> Glyph 39  name percent
> Glyph 68  name B
> Glyph 69  name C
>
> When I check the bitmaps glyphno 36 contains a A, 37 B, 38 C, 39 D and 68 a
> and 69 b.
> The bitmaps seem to be corresponding to the table in TTPOST.C, which is not
> compiled in since FT_CONFIG_OPTION_POSTSCRIPT_NAMES is defined.
>
>  questions :
>     what is happening?
>         are the glyphs set in another order and is the PS-table not updated?
>     How do I get reasonable names out of this?

I just checked it. There was a bug in the Python script we're
using to generate the tables in "src/psnames/pstables.h" used
in your particular case. It generated invalid Mac names tables.

I have just commited a fix. Please try it and let us if this
works. I'm really much too busy right now packaging the release
to do any kind of deep testing..

Regards,

- David