Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2.0 SNAFU

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2.0 SNAFU
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 23:59:24 +0100 (CET)

> > It was a last-minute fix from David before the 2.0 release.  It's
> > quite unfortunate, I know, but using `/usr/local/include/freetype2'
> > had caused changes in almost all FreeType source code files.
> >

> BTW, I suppose that you meant that it *would* have caused changes
> in almost all FreeType source code files :-)

Hmm, my English is not the best, but I think that `had caused' is the
correct subjunctive mood for the past tense.

> The next step is moving the current content of <freetype/freetype.h>
> to a new file, like <FT_ROOT/ftapi.h> and rewrite "freetype.h" file
> like:
>
>   #ifndef __FREETYPE_H__
>   #define __FREETYPE_H__
>
>   #define  FT_ROOT     freetype2     // wathever installation path
>   #define  FT_BUILD_H  <FT_ROOT/config/ftbuild.h>
>
>   #include <FT_ROOT/ftapi.h>
>
>   #endif __FREETYPE_H__

You mean that this file is created during the installation process?
What about replacing the contents of freetype.h with

  #error `freetype.h' is no longer available in version 2.0.1 and above!
  #error Please use `FT_API' and friends, as described in the
  #error FreeType documentation.