[Freetype] Install Error?

From: eric
Subject: [Freetype] Install Error?
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 07:35:22 -0400

        System: Solaris 8

        The installation problem I'm encountering is not necessarily with
FreeType 2, it's with the gd lib.  However, it's during the "make install"
of the gd lib where the problem pops up.  FreeType seems to have installed
fine, but when I do the "make install" for gd, it hums along until it spits
out about 100 lines of stuff, starting with:

In file included from gdft.c:43:
/usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype/ftglyph.h:86: parse error before
`FT_Library'
/usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype/ftglyph.h:86: warning: no semicolon at
end of struct or union
/usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype/ftglyph.h:88: parse error before
`format'
/usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype/ftglyph.h:88: warning: data definition
has no type or storage class

        and ending with:

gdft.c:868: `render' undeclared (first use in this function)
gdft.c:870: `ft_glyph_format_bitmap' undeclared (first use in this function)
gdft.c:872: `ft_render_mode_normal' undeclared (first use in this function)
gdft.c:878: `bm' undeclared (first use in this function)
gdft.c:878: parse error before `image'
gdft.c: At top level:
gdft.c:929: parse error before `v1'
gdft.c: In function `gdroundupdown':
gdft.c:931: `updown' undeclared (first use in this function)
gdft.c:932: `v1' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [gdft.o] Error 1

        If anyone knows why this is occurring, and can let me know how to
fix it, I'd be most grateful.  TIA.

Eric A. Stewart - Network Administrator - address@hidden
University of South Florida, Tampa Campus Library - Technology
Work: http://www.lib.usf.edu/     | MS/MIS           | SSI MD#100762
Play: http://cerebus.lib.usf.edu/ | Graduate Student |
Windows is appropriately named ... it has the resiliency of glass.