[Freetype] How to get list of fonts?

From: Lars Clausen
Subject: [Freetype] How to get list of fonts?
Date: 03 Jul 2001 10:58:16 -0500

This sounds to me like a silly question, but I have found nothing in the
FAQ, archives or manpages.

I'm trying to use FreeType to do fonts for Dia
<URL:http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/dia.html>.  However, FreeType
expects a filename, and all I get from X is a font name.  I've found no way
of going that extra step to get a (somewhat system-independent) list of
font files.  The demos just have hardcoded filenames.  What is the standard
way to do this?  I really want to avoid yet another font dir configuration
list.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | HÃ¥rdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg