[Freetype] GPOS anybody?

From: Dave Williss
Subject: [Freetype] GPOS anybody?
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 17:50:46 -0500

Has anybody ever done anything with GPOS tables?
I see that FreeType 1.3 has functions to read the table but nothing to actually
process a string.  I assume an implementation would fill in an array of point
structures with offsets of some kind.  If nobody's done it, I may have to write
one and submit it.

I also see that GSUB support has been improved.   I actually wrote the old
function to apply a GSUB table that was in FreeType 1.1. (or maybe 1.2?)
in order to support Arabic.  Switching to 1.3 simplified my code quite a bit.
Now I'm working on the Indic languages that use the devanagari script and
some of their fonts expect you to use a GPOS table to move marks around.

 -- Dave Williss
------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
   for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup