[Freetype] configure errors for version 1.3 on Mac OS X Server

From: Clay Loveless
Subject: [Freetype] configure errors for version 1.3 on Mac OS X Server
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 03:22:10 -0700

Hi,

For a series of reasons I'd rather not get into, I have a need to compile
FreeType 1.3 on Mac OS X Server 10.0.4. (Compatibility issues rule out using
2.0.4 ... the old stuff I'm using in conjunction isn't happy with change!)

When attempting to configure on OS X Server, I get the following error:

---------------------------
checking host system type... Invalid configuration
'powerpc-apple-darwin1.3.7': system 'darwin1.3.7' not recognized
.
.
.
ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use '--no-verify'
Try 'ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed
---------------------------

I feel like I'm in a "close-but-no-cigar" situation here ... can anyone
advise on the configure script modifications I can make to this old version
to have it either ignore my host type, or accept it as okay?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Clay

Clay Loveless