[Freetype] Problem with FT_New_Face on Mac OS/X?

From: Paul Miller
Subject: [Freetype] Problem with FT_New_Face on Mac OS/X?
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:06:24 -0600

I'm using 2.0.8 and I think there is a problem with the FT_New_Face function on Mac.

If I use FT_GetFile_From_Mac_Name() with "Arial Bold", I get back the path to a Font suitcase file ("Arial") and a face_index of 1 (the second sfnt resource in the file).

Now, if I pass these to FT_New_Face(), it fails, because in FT_New_Face_From_Suitcase, it is adding 1 and using this number to retrieve a 'FOND' resource. But this font only has one FOND resource in it. The face_index in this case should be the index of the 'sfnt' in this case, NOT the 'FOND'.

Can someone confirm this? This code seems to be broken for anything that doesn't have a face_index of 0.

--
Paul T. Miller | VP of Engineering, Profound Effects, Inc. | http://www.profoundeffects.com