Re: [Freetype] Other documentation..

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Other documentation..
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:46:33 +0100 (CET)

> I am a very intermediate C programmer, and I am trying to learn how
> Freetype 2 works.  Anyhow, I couldn't understand exactly what
> Vectorial representation is, [...]

There are two kinds of glyphs: bitmaps and outline.  The latter
describes the shape of the glyph with straight lines and curves.
`Vectorial representation' basically means the same, putting the
emphasis on the start, end, and control points of the curves/lines
rather than on the shapes of the curves/lines themselves.