Re: [Freetype] Composite Glyph rendering

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Composite Glyph rendering
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:03:29 +0100

Hello Brian,

Brian Stell a écrit :

> This question is fairly specific detail about the internal details
> of TrueType but perhaps someone (David?) may have an idea.
>
> I'm having a problem rendering Simplified Chinese in Ghostscript.
>
> FreeType2 seems to render properly but in Ghostscript the sub glyphs
> end up on top of each other. When Ghostscript positions the sub
> glyph it offsets the subglyph X pos minus xMin.
>
> When rendering composite glyphs how does one handle the sub glyph
> lsb? Could someone (David?) point me to the code in FT2 that handles
> subglyph X/Y positioning.

there is a bit flag named "USE_MY_METRICS" that can be set in the
flags of any sub-glyph. When it is set, the composite glyphs should
use the lsb and advance metrics of the sub-glyph instead of the ones
stored in the "hmtx" table..

I guess that Ghostscript doesn't process these correctly.. ??

In the STABLE branch, see "<freetype/internal/ftobjs.h>" for
the definitions of the FT_SubGlyph structure and associated
flags (note that these have been moved and somewhat renamed to
<freetype/internal/ftgloadr.h> in the HEAD branch)

For example code, look at "src/truetype/ttgload.c"

Hope this helps,

- David Turner