Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2 changes required for XFree86

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2 changes required for XFree86
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 08:45:33 +0200 (CEST)

> Because things like ``read'' are actually #defines in XFree86 codes,
> they should not be used for structure and union members.  FreeType 2
> uses at least the following names for structure members:
>
>   malloc, realloc, free, close, read

`malloc' is not used (both in the stable and head branches), but
`alloc'.  BTW, it is not completely clear to me why this patch hunk

  #ifdef FONTMODULE
  #define malloc( foo )  xf86malloc( foo )
  #endif

is in the middle of the ftsystem.c instead of the beginning.  One call
to `malloc' is thus not covered.

> I am attaching the complete changes against FreeType 2 that I have
> needed to use.  Anything that will make this list smaller is welcome.

Thanks.  All your changes seem reasonable, and I will fix them in the
next days.