[Freetype] How do I render italic or bold if no file

From: Riccardo Cohen
Subject: [Freetype] How do I render italic or bold if no file
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 22:23:17 +0100

Hi,
There is something strange on my PC (WinNT). When I scan c:\winnt\fonts, I find
only one file called "chevara" for instance, which is regular (normal).

But when I open MSWord, or any standard Windows font panel, I find bold, italic
or bold-italic.

I tried to use the index in FT_New_Face but it did not render italic or bold...
How do they do that miracle ???

Is it at render time, or is there any way to extract them from a file ?

Thanks

--
Riccardo Cohen

Articque