[Freetype] Re: [Pfaedit-users] Re: Bad .pfb (ArialMT)

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: [Freetype] Re: [Pfaedit-users] Re: Bad .pfb (ArialMT)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:59:41 +0400

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 8:53 am, George Williams wrote:
|  At 12:19 PM 9/9/2002 +0400, Vadim Plessky wrote:
|  >Please check ArialMT.sfd and .pfb from attached zip archive.
|  >1) .pfb file can't be opened by ftview
|  >tested with freetype 2.0.9 and 2.1.3-RC1 (Aug.28 snapshot)
|
|  You have tried to name a character "uni206f;"
|  This is a valid, but unusual name for a postscript character. FreeType
|  thinks it is an invalid character name and refuses to load the font
| because of it.

George,

I am quite confident that _I_ haven't named character in such a way.
It can  be though that MS did it :-)

I will check original file (arial.ttf, ver.2.76) wether it really had
semicolon, or it has been added during some kind of conversion, or by
3rd-party tool.
In the mean time, should FreeType really ignore such font?
May be, it should ignore just one glyph?

|  I suggest you remove the semicolon from that character's name.

Thanks for the tip!