Re: [Freetype] Mac OS X Project Builder

From: Wenlin Institute
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Mac OS X Project Builder
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:54:52 -0700

At 4:29 PM +1200 4/10/03, Henry Maddocks wrote:
On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 03:46  AM, Wenlin Institute wrote:

First, it was necessary to add "/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon" to the search path.

Or...

#ifdef __APPLE_CC__
#include <Carbon/Carbon.h>

That's better; it's only needed in ftmac.c, right? Is __APPLE_CC__ equivalent to TARGET_API_MAC_CARBON?

Now it works great, including dfonts; maybe the trouble Henry had with dfonts was only with rc2.

Still can't get dfonts to work. Getting everything from 0x01, 0x02 to 0x55 error codes. Though not sure whether I can believe these because in certain circumstances ftmac returns different error codes to ftobjs for the same situation.

Calling FT_New_Face() with the fullpath of one of the dfonts that came with OS X, such as "/Library/Fonts/GillSans.dfont", seems to work fine for me.

Tom

Henry

--

Wenlin Institute, Inc.        Software for Learning Chinese
E-mail: address@hidden     Web: http://www.wenlin.com