Re: [Freetype] more info on the Mac Type1 FOND issue - weird style suff

From: Paul Miller
Subject: Re: [Freetype] more info on the Mac Type1 FOND issue - weird style suffix tables
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:28:17 -0500

It seems I'm the only one using FreeType on a Mac. I did some more digging, and found a one-character mistake in the current style name code (this is in all versions of ftmac.c):

More digging here.

It seems Type 1 font files contain multiple FOND resources - whereas TrueType fonts contain a single FOND resource if there are sfnt resources.

So, I added a check for a sfnt resource. If it fails, I add face_index to the FOND index - otherwise I reference the first FOND and use the face_index to offset the face association table (the old way).

This seems to handle Type 1 fonts fine.

However, there is problem with the Beijing .dfont file. Attempting to load it crashes FreeType. Can anyone confirm this? In theory this should be a problem on non-Mac hosts, because the TT loader is what is failing.

--
Paul Miller | address@hidden |                 Got Tivo?
VP of Engineering, Profound Effects, Inc. | www.profoundeffects.com