Re: [Freetype] Compiling problem: Freetype2 on Solaris

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Compiling problem: Freetype2 on Solaris
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:36:24 +0200 (CEST)

Sorry for the late response.

> I am trying to compile FreeType2 on solaris box, but with no luck.
> I tried compiling with gcc available with Solaris, but it seems the
> well known relocation problem wont really go away.

What do you mean with `well known relocation problem'?  We are not
aware of problems specific to compilation on Solaris.  BTW, you might
try also a C++ compiler -- theoretically, FreeType should compile fine
(at least with my g++ it does so).

> When I try to compile with GNU gcc things go clean only after I
> remove the flag -O2 to gcc, however I am not sure if that is the
> right way to do.

Well, this doesn't hurt; it rather indicates that the gcc port to
Solaris is buggy...